Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thanksgiving

I like to make something special for the Thanksgiving table when we host, and I saw this cute pumpkin tutorial on, I believe, Tip Me Tuesday on www.tipjunkie.com.  Their newsletter is so awesome! So many great ideas from so many talented and crafty people. So, just wanted to pass along how to make these cute little pumpkins...


 Cut 8 strips of cardstock, 2.5" x .5", 2x 1" circle and a small green stem
 Start by gluing one end to circle. I found gluing opposite ends helped get an even placement around the circle, and then added in the last 4 strips between them.
 Gently curve the strips with your fingers.
 Glue the open ends under the second circle, using a chopstick to push on last strip.
 Ta-Da!
I made one for each place setting at the table, but I'm sure you could resize and make it larger too.
Of course you can place these around for little fall/Halloween decorations as well!

 My sister made a beautiful Thanksgiving card!

My 11 year old niece also brought an amazing Thanksgiving card!
Two very talented ladies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment