Saturday, November 16, 2013

Merry and Bright

Day 1 of the Holiday Card Workshop 2013 at Online Card Classes showed lots of fun ways to add details to the inside of your cards - something I often overlook.  I used Kristina Werner's card as inspiration to create this gift card holder greeting card.  For the front I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock slightly smaller than my card base and used an embossing folder first on the top portion of the card and then on the bottom, leaving part in the middle flat.  Then I sponged Distress Ink over the raised embossing and white heat embossed the snowflakes and sentiment from Penny Black.  I stamped the flower and ornament from a Penny Black Christmas stamp set on watercolour paper and coloured in with Tombow markers.  I hung the ornament on my baker's twine and added some Stickles.
 

For the inside, I folded a double sided paper and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  I cut a half circle in the top of the front fold and then put double sided tape, folded over the edges, on each side edge to keep the folder closed.  I added some silver glitter and then silver embossed the greeting.  I added a little sponged Distress Ink around the sentiment to highlight it and then hung on an ornament.


I love that a gift card is hiding inside this card - now to get to work making a few more!

Challenges -Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Add Ink!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete