Monday, January 20, 2014

FCCB Challenge # 194 - We Love Snowmen

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #194 Use a Snowman
Create a Project that uses a snowman!
This Weeks Sponsor
Jaded Blossom

Winner will receive the Conversation Candies stamp set

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

Be sure to visit the FCCB blog to view the other DT members' projects and to join in the challenge.

Here is my project for this week:


Even though we have had way more snow than I think we should have so far, a snowman always makes me smile!  I used the Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge to cut this guy, and since I used my Gypsy I was able to hide the face cuts and stamp it on with a Peachy Kean stamp.  I did use the carrot layer for the nose though.

I used some Fancy Pants paper for the scarf and mitts and after I layered everything I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the bubble embossing folder.


The snowflake is cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge, sponged with Distress Ink and Stickled. I only glued the inner edges to the card to give some dimension around the outside.


I used a paint pen to create the snow border along the bottom of the card and then stamped the sentiment in black.  I stamped the background with snowflakes and used white embossing powder before attaching my snowman.


Finally, I punched three little hearts out of patterned paper and added some clear crackle accents to give them an icy, crackled finish.

Hope you are staying nice and warm and enjoying all the great snowman projects at FCCB this week!

Happy Crafting!

Karla

7 comments:

  1. This is great Karla! I really like the kraft base and the embossing on the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more you look the more darling details you find-love the crackled hearts and embossed snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing on your snowman gives so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I really like the snowflake background you created and all the embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bubble embossing really makes it look like snow balls - a real cool effect. That snowflake is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla, your card is super cute! Your embossed snowman looks fabulous! Great job this week!!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the embossing on your snowman, super cute card !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete