Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bimini Moose Feature - Happy Birthday - Blast From The Past!

I recently printed off a bunch of photos from last year and I'm now working on getting them into pocket pages.  I love traditional scrapbooking, but I find when I'm trying to work a little faster it helps me get those special pictures into my scrapbook using pocket page layouts.

For this layout I wanted to scrap my sister's birthday celebrations at my house. Her special request that day was seafood chowder.  Since we are from the Maritimes, of course this is one of my favourites too, and I was more than happy to accommodate her! And then, for dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding!

I recently went through my stack of patterned papers and pulled anything out that had borders or parts that could be cut into journaling cards. I put them in a spot where I could easily access them when I was doing Project Life or Pocket Pages. This pocket page was from a We R Memory Keepers assorted pack.  I like having an assortment of styles on hand so, depending on my photos, I can choose the best layout. For my colour scheme I wanted to go with teal blues and pinks and I just dug through my stash until I found a combination that made me happy.  After all, that is what it's all about - doing this wonderful hobby to make ourselves happy!


The pink journaling card, above was from Kaisercraft Confetti Collection, the border from Quick Quotes paper, and the Remember card from Simple Stories December Documented. I think it's important to keep our eyes open for opportunities to use items that may be for Christmas, for example, on other themed projects!

I just love this wooden Prima doll! I had to use her to go along with the picture of the canvas I made for my sister, which included a stamped and paper pieced Prima doll. I added some bling with some adhesive rhinestones on the border piece and both journal cards, because a girl's birthday has gotta have some bling!


I'm so glad you could join me today!! I loved making this layout, and it was really a quick one to put together.  Be sure to check out the Anything Goes Pocket Page Challenges over at the Bimini Moose blog! We are so excited to see what project you link up - a 'blast from the past', a new Project Life style page, some organizing tips or some ideas for using journaling cards! P.S. Be sure to hop over and become a follower so you don't miss out on any of the fun posts!

Linked to:
Pile It On - #51 Something Edible (my pics of seafood chowder and sticky toffee pudding - hungry?!)
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC #70 - Bling it on!
DL Art - Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge
Crafting From The Heart - #42 AG
Party Time Tuesday - #194 AG
Simply Create Too - #76 Let's Celebrate


5 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Karla, thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla, A fantastic page, beautiful layout with matching papers and embellishments. A gorgeous keepsake with happy memories. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that layout is super cute! What a lovely keepsake. I must get on with some scrapping this year too! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete