Monday, March 16, 2015

Bimini Moose Challenge - AG - Optional Twist Photo Mosaic

Happy Tuesday! I'm back today to bring you another Scrapbooking challenge over at BIMINI MOOSE!
Our challenge this time is...
Anything Scrapbooking - ANYTHING GOES
With Optional Twist Photo Mosaic


Our challenges run for 2 weeks. This one will close on Mon, March 30  @ Noon Eastern time - giving us time to pick a Top 3 for the post the following day with our Next Challenge.

We will also be choosing one winner per challenge to win a cut file from our amazing sponsor - 
These files are perfect to include in your Scrapbooking Layouts and in your other crafting as well.


I wanted to document my oldest daughter's recent wedding in my Project Life album so I first collaged the invite with a photo of the happy couple in the PL App to fit into a 4x6" pocket. Then I had two photos that were 4x6 (both midde photos) that I wanted to fit into the smaller 3x4" pockets in the centre of the page.  I simply cut them to fit into 3x4's and inserted them in. 

I pulled out an assortment of journalling cards as well as my Valentines supply box, since the love and hearts is what it's all about! It was a colourful wedding and I wanted that to come through in my choice of colours on my pages.



Here's a close up of the two mosaics I used. For the first one I layered part of the bottom of the photo on top of a journalling card.

The wedding was held in a theatre building and the bride and groom reenacted a scene with a prop. The funniest thing about this pic is that my younger daughter was hiding in a little alcove behind the streamers!



I used an older CTMH stamp set - Soul Mates- which is always a good one to turn to for anything 'love' related! I love the Best Friends stamp! Perfect for this wedding :)

I love the fun layered look these pages have! I actually layered the Valentine ticket in the middle, right hand pocket, over some glitter thread - a look I've seen before on cards but haven't tried.

Such a cute pic of my oldest and youngest making funny faces!

One of the reasons I love scrapbooking is because I feel like crafting with these pictures really makes me remember and appreciate the event I'm scrapbooking. I love looking at the finished product and so does my family, which makes it even more special!

Be sure to pop over to Bimini Moose and check out the rest of the DESIGN TEAM and what they have created to inspire you to play along. There will be several posts on the Bimini Moose blog during our challenge, so if you want to see the current challenge, click on the CHALLENGES tab on the blog. If you want to browse through all of the posts with ideas, tutorials, and some personal layouts, click on the HOME tab on that blog

Thanks so much for joining me!! I love seeing and hearing what you are up to! Don't forget to check out my new Facebook Fan page and click 'LIKE' so you don't miss out on any crafty goodness!!

Linked to-
Pile It On - use 3 or more similar items (hearts) #60
Party Time Tuesday - AG #196 (2nd entry )


10 comments:

  1. I love this spread and all of your added touches. Your daughter's wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wedding dress and the wedding looks amazing! Glad she has found her best friend... thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pages,love all your embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this - those photo's are stunning and what a great idea for the wedding! Beautiful and thank you for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout! What a special way to preserve all the memories :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layout! I love the pictures especially the one of the kids on the stairs. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and love the pictures -beautiful memories--Thank you for joining us at Crafting from The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet layout :) thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun layout! This is great, I am currently working on my wedding album and Im thinking about using some pocket pages but wasnt sure, now I think its a great idea, thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete