Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

My anniversary is coming up in a couple months and it will be our 10th! Holy cow, time does fly! I was sorting through some CTMH Picture My Life cards last night and came across some of the Skylark collection cards from my friend, Sheri Ballantyne - and I just had to stop and make this card. It seriously only took me about 20 minutes to put it all together!

I layered a small 3x4 journalling card on top of a 4x6 one after sponging the edges with Distress Ink. Then I layered a piece of cardstock and ribbon diagonally following the sketch over at Mojo Monday this week.

I stamped the typewriter stamp from the April Stamp Of The Month with the Happy Anniversary type inside the paper and popped it up on foam dots.


My daughter felt the photo needed a little shot of her Superhero popsicle stick craft ;) I love that these cards look like they are layered with papers and stamps and sentiments already!

I used Crystal embossing powder to add some glittery shimmer to the wet Distress ink before cutting it out. I love that Distress Ink stays wet a little longer so I can add embossing powders to it!

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're having an awesome Friday and get to enjoy a little crafty time this weekend! You can check out the special goodies Sheri has at her CTMH site and start making your own projects!

Linked to Mojo Monday sketch - #405



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Card! Happy Anniversary! Your Hubby will love this and the super hero looks cool! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool anniversary card! Thanks for stopping by today during the Summertime Hop!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool anniversary card! Thanks for stopping by today during the Summertime Hop!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mix of textures and patterned papers. very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Karla, I love that your daughters get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun cards! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete