Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Nature Scrapbooking with Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy!

Ok, I didn't really scrapbook with them, but wouldn't that be awesome!! However, I did recently pick up some Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy papers and wanted to combine them along with some Maggie Holmes diecuts and Heidi Swapp Project Life goodies to make some camping layouts.

For the first one I used the Canadian Scrapbooker July Sketch.

I used some AC Thickers from my stash, but since they were a bit light I 'brushed' them with a Victorian Velvet Distress Ink pad to darken them a bit. I added some journaling on a tag and tucked it behind my photo in the top left.

The date stamp is from Amy Tangerine and I layered papers cut from the paper packs over this adorable viewfinder diecut!

For the second layout I used a sketch from the July sketch at Stuck?! Sketches. I used a Heidi Swapp PL card and some gold accents from the mini PL kit as well as a 3x4 card for my journaling tag. 

I just love the two pics of my girls together. As any mom knows there are those precious moments when two kids are just happy in the moment, totally in love with each other. And, of course, you need to snap a pic at that moment because it may not last....


I cut a banner and the camera from the paper pack. I love the addition of this corner element!

A little AC ribbon tied through an eyelet turned this journaling card into a pretty tag, perfect for my journaling about how happy seeing the two of them together like this made me feel!

Thanks so much for joining me today!! Don't forget to check out all the fun background effects I've been posting on my blog lately ;) and have an awesome week!

Linked to:
Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine - July Sketchy Challenge













Stuck?! Sketches- July Sketch




6 comments:

  1. Both of your layouts are super cute. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pages, great details and I love the way you combined these two manufacturers! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how Sweet!!! Great background paper! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layouts! The pretty papers & embellishments are perfect for these sweet photos! I love how you included some hidden journalling on your layouts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page and I love all the little added elements. Thanks for creating with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, these turned out so cool! I love the colors, Karla, and how you added such clever details! ♡

    xoxoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete