Monday, July 27, 2015

OCC Background Check Class - Ink Blending!

I just started the amazing Online Card Class 'Background Check' and love it already! This is Day 1 and Laura Bassen shared her ink blending techniques. Here are my versions:

I used specialty stamping paper for the first one, and I like the vibrant colours but I think the regular white cardstock blends better. 

I used Distress Inks for all these even though Laura used different types. I have more colours in the Distress Inks and am more familiar with blending them.

These samples are all in regular white cardstock, and I used the small round applicator and sponges. 
 

I love the masking technique on this one! I just punched out a 1" circle for the sun and used sticky notes to mask my horizon.  

I'm definitely not used to blending in the middle of a paper and Laura's tip to dab off almost all the ink and build layers was a good one. My second effort resulted in a bit lighter technique, but I like both!

Ok, I'm off to try Jennifer's techniques now! If you want to check out the class you can find them at http://onlinecardclasses.com/background/class-info/


7 comments:

  1. I really like the blending job you did on this card. I tried this same one and didn't quite it that right. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try the sunset. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! those look awesome!!! Thanks for the link -- I'm gonna go check it out! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karla, your blending on Day 1 lessons look great - all of them!
    But I agree - the blending on the regular white cardstock looks smoother than the other one on the stamping paper.
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work on the ink blending! I love the OCC classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! How do you keep the yellow and blue that are next to each other from turning green when you blend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think that in the bottom sample they did actually blend a bit, but in the sample with the sunset I masked off a line with washi tape so they stayed separate. This was a great class and I think I need to revisit it!! Thanks for your comment <3

      Delete