Tuesday, July 28, 2015

OCC Background Check- Ink Reactions!

Ok, I am loving this Background Check class from Online Card Classes!! 

Here are my samples from the Ink Reactions on Day 1 by Jennifer McGuire:

On this one I sponged on my Distress Ink and then used a baby wipe over a stencil to remove some of the ink. I then embossed it in my Cuttlebug using a Spellbinders embossing mat and some extra cardstock layers for a shim along with the two B plates. 

Here you can see the embossing detail -I'll be using this technique a lot more!

For this one I sponged my background and inked up my stamp with green Distress Ink before spritzing with water. Then when I stamped, the water reacted with the Distress and left a light green stamped image. 


For this one I sponged my background and on one piece I used a baby wipe and the stencil- you can really see the effect on a dark surface! And on the other I stamped with Versamark before heat setting to create a subtle stamped effect. 
 
For the last one I thought I'd try out my Color Box inks. The wipe technique didn't quite work as well as with the Distress Inks so I ended up sponging Black Soot Distress Ink through this awesome Tim Holtz stencil. I don't know if this is a background I'd use, but it was fun to create and experiment with!

Thanks so much for joining me today!! I can't wait to share some more with you real soon!! You can check out this class at http://onlinecardclasses.com/background/class-info/



1 comment: