Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Superhero Birthday!

I'm back again to share a post on the Scrapendipity blog! My niece recently turned 15 and she is the most adorable and sweetest girl ever! She loves superheroes and I just had to throw her a superhero party with a super card!

I recently picked up the Julie Nutting Prima paper doll stamp - Jill from Scrapendipity and thought she would be a perfect superhero! I used the Prima skin and hair tones watercolor pencils to colour the body and hair - and let me tell you, these are like butter to colour with!!

I paper pieced her outfit with the Bobunny Forever Young 6x6 paper pack and used some of the same papers for the background. I hand cut the cape and mask to add to her outfit.


Of course, we had to have some fun superhero decorations!! I used my Cricut Explore with both Cricut and Digiplayground cuts to cut out diecut word bubbles and glued them onto banners as well as cutting some lightening bolts for added effect!


I used fun foam and patterns from Cutesy Crafts to make these Superhero masks. My two girls and Sydney did their super strong poses.

I made the capes with old T-shirts I picked up from Value Village by cutting around the neckline and sleeves, leaving the back attached. Here, my adorable hubby sports his red cape and sexy batman mask ;)

Hubby and I pose for a super selfie!

These diecuts also worked perfectly attached to toothpicks as cupcake picks. My cupcake decorating skills are very limited - but I'm ok with that! Some coloured sprinkles and frosting always make everything look better :)

We also picked up some action figures at Value Village for cheap table decorations. Erica (my 3 year old) had a blast playing with them!

 Everyone kept busy after supper doing Spiderman word searches I printed off from the computer.

We had so much fun with this party - alright, I may have had the most fun ;) and it makes you realize how creative you can be - without spending a lot of money! Thanks so much for joining me today - I hope you have a super week!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how CUTE! She's a Fashionista Super Hero! LOVE IT! Happy Birthday to your niece.... Looks like it was super fun! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete