Sunday, August 2, 2015

Online Card Class Background Check - Resist Backgrounds

I absolutely loved these techniques from Online Card Classes, Day 2 by Jennifer McGuire!

Here are my samples:

The script paper in the background is what I started with. I stamped over it with the flower stamp and Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. After it cooled I blended Distress Ink over my background.

I started with a piece of white cardstock for this one and blended blue Distress Ink over the surface, a bit darker towards the bottom. Then I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder. After, I sponged Distress Inks over top of the piece and wiped the excess away with a damp cloth.

For this one I used Glossy Paper and stamped the script with Distress Ink in Pine Needles. After drying completely I stamped the floral stamp with Versamark and heat set it without using any embossing powder. The Glossy Paper allows the Versamark to create a resist. Then I sponged over top with my inks and lightly wiped with a damp cloth.

Here's a better look at the resist image!

You can check out my backgrounds from Day 1 here for Ink & Water, here for Ink Reactions, and here for Ink Blending! I hope you're enjoying your weekend as much as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment