Saturday, August 1, 2015

Scrapping Everyday Miracles - August Challenge!

I am so excited to announce that I have just joined the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog!! I have been a follower of theirs for some time, participating in the monthly challenges when possible. I recently saw their Design Team Call and felt this would be a lovely opportunity to join along with a wonderful group of faithful women!


This month I am playing along with the layout sketch designed by the amazing Bev Code!


I decided to use some of the fun Boardwalk BoBunny paper I recently picked up in a 6x6 pad. This is such a bright, sunny paper pack - perfect for summer! I've been working on scrapping some summer pics lately from a trip to a campground with a great beach that we went to in August of 2013. My girls look so little, and it's really been fun to look back over these pictures!


I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and some Distress Paint in the corner of my sailboat pic and then layered on some of the fun little squares that came in the paper pack.


I used a little Distress Ink to sponge over the same stencil I used with the paint and then stamped with a splash stamp that was included with a BoBunny Boardwalk ephemera pack. I used some Distress Ink and a water brush to colour in my splashes. The title is diecut from a Miss Kate's Cuttables file with my Cricut Explore.


Since the 6x6 paper that I used for the border strip had lots of pattern in it, I was able to lay two 6" long strips end to end. I used the Pretty Cute Stamp set Sew Amazing for the stitching stamp and stamped with the same Distress Ink that I used for the stencil. A few BoBunny stickers from a 12x12 sticker sheet finished it off!


Thanks so much for joining me today!! I hope you'll stop over to the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog and see all the amazing projects for this month! You have 3 ways to play along - the layout sketch, the card sketch and the scripture verse - and you have all month to join us!! If you want to check out the Design Team call it is open until August 15th.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Layout!!! LOVE all the different elements you add to create such lovely pages! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete