Monday, January 4, 2016

FCCB #267 - Something New!


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #267-Something New
Make a project about or with something new, and explain if it isn't clear!

This Weeks Sponsor


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!


For my project this week I made a fun winter card using the Jolly Holiday Cricut cartridge for the sentiment and mittens and the PPPR (our sponsor!!) snowman cookie cut from the cute Christmas Cookies Cutting Files and snowflake cut from the Winter Wonderland Cutting Files. It was my birthday last week and my sister and I went out for lunch and then she gave my some fun gifts - one of which was this very cool Cracked Tim Holtz embossing folder! I just had to try it as a background on this wintery card. After I embossed on white paper I used a bit of light blue Distress Ink to add a bit of colour to it.



I've been trying to use up things in my stash and this hot cocoa brad is definitely cute! I cut off the prongs and used a foam dot to add it to my card. 

This cute snowman cookie makes me smile!

Inside, I used the outline of the snowman cookie diecut as a stencil and sponged on white ink. Then, I used a sentiment and snowflake stamps from the Pretty Cute Stamps Warm Fuzzies stamp set. They are the sister company to our sponsor, Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons!

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you had a lovely new year and are looking forward to positive things for 2016! Don't forget to stop by the Fantabulous Cricut blog to see what our other Design Team members have come up with for this challenge, and definitely check out the PPPR store and their fun blog too - they have a freebie every Friday available for the week!

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful  Thursday January Linkup
PDE Linky Party - AG!


8 comments:

  1. Your card is soooo CUTE Karla! LOVE the embossing folder you used! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. love the embellishments - i especially like how you incorporated the mittens and the cup of cocoa.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to use your new embossing folder. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge. Katie-DL.ART-DTmember

    ReplyDelete

  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR Karla!!!!!!
    This is so sweet. I love that embossing folder. Happy belated birthday what a great sis she knows just what you like
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super BRRRRR cute
    Thanks for joining us at the
    PDE LINKY
    DIANA L.-- PDE DT MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing and the snowman! Great card!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
    Susan
    DT for Crafting from the Heart!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the embossed background, cute snowman and phrases.
    I think the mittens are so cute!! Happy Belated birthday!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete