Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mini Distress Ink Pad Watercolour Technique!

The kids are back to school and our routines are back to normal, though we all enjoyed Christmas holidays very much! I finally got a little time to sit down and play and try out a new watercolouring technique that I saw in a magazine.

I started by cutting my watercolour paper to 4 x 5.25" to fit on an A2 card with a bit of a border. Then I got out my Distress Mini Ink pads. I don't have a lot of the minis - I just started buying them last year with the new colour releases each month. I must say I really love them though. They're great to take along to a class and I just love the little tin holder. I chose 3 colours that I wanted to use together- Crushed Olive, Twisted Citron and Blueprint Sketch, and lightly pressed them onto the watercolour paper. After I finished putting my ink down I went back with a water brush and coloured over each individual block of colour to give the watercoloured appearance.  I used some grey Archival ink to lightly stamp some Dylusions flowers over top of the background and then stamped a Dylusions border stamp around the edge- lightly adding some colour by scribbling on an acrylic block with a coordinating blue Distress Marker. 


For my tag, I stamped a Prima Doll by Julie Nutting and the Eiffel Tower on watercolour paper and watercoloured the images in with Distress Markers. I added some hand drawn lines around the edge and layered the tag on a piece of blue cardstock. A bit of Stickles adds some shimmer. 

Inside, I used the Bonjour sentiment in this Prima set to stamp my greeting and added some watercolouring with the markers again. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure to check out the Scrapendipity Way Of Life blog for lots more inspiration, some Canadian Shopping, and if you're local to the Calgary Area some awesome in person classes!

DL Art - Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Something New
613 Avenue Create - AG
PDE Linky Party - AG!



6 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, Karla! I lke the background and how the colors are integrated throughout your design. Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how Pretty Karla! LOVE the water coloring - looks amazing!


    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karla! The background is gorgeous~I love the water coloring!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete

  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR Karla!!!!!!
    This is so sweet. I love how you painted the dress.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background technique. The gir looks so pretty in her outfit. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Challenge. Katie-DTmember

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so cute and indeed the perfect one to celebrate a new year with new adventures awaiting! I really like the colors you used and you're definitely talented at coloring! I thought it was a nice touch to make our girl on the diagonal, too, and think the structure looks great with the background. Excellent work and thanks for sharing such a delightful card with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete