Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Wonder Years Scrapbook Layout

Hi there friends! I'm posting over at the Scrapendipity Way Of Life blog today and wanted to share a layout I made using some new and old supplies. I recently picked up some My Minds Eye Jubilee papers and coordinating stickers and thought they'd be perfect to use on this layout with photos from our summer 2013 camping trip.

Over at the Victoria Marie Facebook page there is a weekend challenge to follow a sketch (shown below) and incorporate pink, red or purple. Even though my page isn't Valentines themed I added hearts, reds and pinks.  As well, Shimelle's challenge this week is to mix your old scrapbooking stash with your new favourites. This Jubilee collection is definitely my new favourite! When I looked at the sketch, the triangles reminded me of the Heidi Swapp stencil I have had in my stash for a while and I pulled out some Texture Paste to go along with it. I love being able to use my mixed media supplies I have had for awhile and mix them with my paper supplies on my layouts.


Another oldie supply in my stash was this striped CTMH paper that I'm trying to use up! The stripes made a perfect lined journaling card I formed into a tag and tucked behind my photo. I used my 123 We R Memory Keepers Punch Board to create the file folder tab at the top and stamped it with a SMASH date stamp that's been in my stash for quite some time too!

I love this fun flair badge!

The Wonder Years title was part of a chipboard sticker page that coordinates with the papers and I found a little chipboard bike to add to my page.

Here's a look at the sketch, which you can find on Pinterest:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! We had a lovely long weekend and I spent yesterday doing lots of scrapbooking! You'll be seeing those pages this week and we have a fun new release at Pretty Cute Stamps coming this week too - so be sure to check back!

Along with the sites linked above, I've linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday February Linky Challenge



4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is such a FABULOUS Layout! Great design/background adorable picks! YUP AWESOME!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scrapbook page, love the colorful background and what adorable pictures of your "cutie pie"!! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely cute. Love the colors and lay-out to highlight such beautiful pics. So glad you joined us in our neighborhood Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great layout - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete