Saturday, April 9, 2016

Be Happy Single Layer Card!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! We spend today going to a farmers marker and a kid's craft at Home Depot - a local building supply store, where the girls got to make their very own butterfly houses. They love being able to build something with wood and a hammer and nails! As soon as we got home they put them outside. I'm not sure it's quite warm enough for butterflies yet, but hopefully soon! Then, I got to do some scrapbooking - my kind of day!

I just wanted to share a quick card with you today. Recently a Facebook group that I'm in, Comnected Inspirations, had a Pinterest Challenge to inspire the members to create a one layer card on Kraft cardstock using white ink. I really have trouble with one layer cards! I just want to keep adding more, lol. However I was pleased with how this one turned out.


I started off masking an area at the top and bottom of my card and stamping a wood grain design. I found that the white ink I was using just didn't provide enough contrast, so I ended up white heat embossing my stamping. The Be Happy stamp is by Pink and Main from the Believe Script set - one of my favourites!


Inside, I used another sentiment from the Believe Script Pink and Main stamp set, adding more of the little stars.


The flower and butterfly stamps are from an older Magenta stamp set I had. After heat embossing I used some Distress and Tombow markers to colour in parts of the images. I love how the white Distress Marker looks on the Kraft cardstock. Then, I used the Dylusions white paint pen to draw some lines and faux stitching around the card. I'm going to have fun using this paint pen!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you get a little crafty time for yourself this weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Really love this card...and thanks for sharing the group link in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear I'm not alone on the one layer type of cards! I just HAVE to add more!! :) But your card is simple Gorgeous! Beautiful color accents.... WOW!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete