Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Making Art With Distress Crayons and Prima Watercolor Coloring Book!

I am so happy to share this project with you today! I fell in love with the Prima Watercolor Pad that came out at CHA and decided to use my new Distress Crayons with it - and I'm so pleased with the results!



The Prima pad is full of gorgeous 8x10 watercolour colouring pages - just waiting for you to use whatever watercolouring medium you choose! I simply had to try out my Distress Crayons by drawing directly on the colouring page



The Crayons glide on beautifully and then I simply used my waterbrush to blend the colour in, mixing some of the crayons together.


 After I finished watercolouring in the page I smooshed Distress Inks on my craft mat, spritzed with water, and used a clear piece of packaging to pick up the inky colour before 'smooshing' it onto my page. The Distress Crayons actually RESIST the ink - Love this effect!


I picked up a dollar store frame and decorated it with flowers, sequins, pearls, charms and buttons from the 28 Lilac Lane collections and ribbon! It will be easy to replace this page with another whenever I want to!


Here's a close up of the lovely colour these Distress Crayons achieve!

More lovely embellishments to decorate my frame! 

This worked perfectly to replace the Easter decorations I had on my hutch. I'm just so happy with the results!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to stop by the Scrapendipity Online Store for some Canadian shopping, and the Buttons Galore and More shop to check out the lovely embellishments from 28 Lilac Lane. Have an awesome, happy, crafty week!

Linked to:
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Try To Resist (the Distress Crayons resist the smooshed ink!)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - AG
DL Art - Thankful Thursday Challenge #177 AG
Little Red Wagon - For The Love Of Water
Pink & Main - Challenge #8 Color Challenge




10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture Karla! So pretty, I love the soft pastels.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Karla, it looks like a fun coloring book I love it. thanks for sharing
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how Pretty Karla! Very Vintage/ Shabby Chic with the water coloring and added embellishments.... :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project!!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job!! Love the coloring and awesome take on the challenge!! Thanks for linking up your project this month!!
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Kimberly :)
    Kimberly’s Crafty Spot
    Pink & Main Stamps, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla, it looks like you had a lot of fun with this. Love your bright cheery palette and it looks beautiful framed! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for the Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. This is so beautiful. I love the sentiment and how you dolled up the frame. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project! The coloring looks fantastic and love the way you decorated the frame! Fun idea!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the watercoloring that you did and the frame is gorgeous too! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Pink & Main Challenges.
    Stacey
    Stacey’s Creative Corner
    Pink & Main, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wonderful creation! Great use of the colors! Thanks for joining the Pink and Main Challenge! Pam M. Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete