Friday, April 1, 2016

Scrapping Everyday Miracles April Challenge!

I hope you've been blessed with warmer Spring weather where you live! We've had some sun and some snow this past week, but I definitely think Spring is on it's way. It is time for the April Challenge at the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog, where you get three chances to play along - the layout sketch, the card sketch and the scripture inspiration!

This month I'm playing along with the Scripture Inspiration, and I came up with this bookmark I created using my Cricut and Distress Inks. There is so much meaning in these 13 words if we stop to take a breath and let God lead the way. Maybe I'll do better remembering this if I glance at this bookmark daily!

I first used a white piece of cardstock that I had wrote the scripture on with my Cricut Explore pen and sponged on 3 colours of Distress Inks. Then, I used a stencil and some Distress Paint on top, and next stamped on a scroll stamp in brown ink.


I used a cross diecut from the Cricut Library and layered it on top of my bookmark. A bit of Abandoned Coral Distress Ink added to the top cut coordinated with the painted stenciled areas.

I used some multicoloured silk ribbon along with some bakers twine fit through the bookmark, which I layered on a black cardstock backing to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll check out the SEM blog to see what the other Design Team members have come up with and enter your own project.

Linked to:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - We Can See Clearly (this bible verse explains how to 'see clearly' and find the straight path!)


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Your book mark is so lovely and with a great scripture too.... :)

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2016/04/update-on-random-acts-of-kindness.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I really love the color palette here and how you blended the different colors so subtly and expertly. I also liked the bit of dimension you gave to your cross. The font for the sentiment gives this such a nice bit of whimsicality and I thought your interpretation of our challenge theme was extremely clever! This turned out beautifully and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete