Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - How Have You Bean?!

Well, it is Spring, and I do LOVE coffee - so what better way to celebrate than to join in the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop?!! I used Sketch 490 from Mojo Monday as a guide and began creating!


I started off by heat embossing a cute coffee cup from the Pretty Cute Stamps Coffee Faces stamp set onto a piece of Tattered Angels 12x12 Pure Mistable Crepe Paper cut to fit my card. This paper is so cool! It is a lightweight textured paper that has a crepe paper effect when misted - and is available in other textures such as burlap, leather and more!

I used my Tattered Angels Mists from the English Garden Calendar Kit to spray the Mistable paper, and because the cup stamp was heat embossed with white it resisted the misting. I didn't spray the middle since it was going to be covered anyway. Then, I dried it with my heat gun.

I then used the same mists to paint in portions of this yummy Coffee Stamps On Kraft paper from Canvas Corp, just dipping my paint brush right into the mist bottles. I even used a circle punch to cut out one of the coffee images and glued it to a piece of Canvas Corp Aqua Burlap, handcut to a circle.

Here's a look at the  Tattered Angels English Garden Calendar Kit - where you get 4 coordinating mists in a smaller size to mix and match. There are tons of Calendar Kits available and are a great way to try them out and see what you love best! I used some of the White High Impact Paint to paint the edge of a burlap flower I found in my stash after misting it with the Iris Baseboard (purple) and Tutti Frutti (pink) mists from the kit.

I used one of the sentiments from the Pretty Cute Stamps Coffee Sentiments set on the diecut coffee cup cut from the PPPR Pumpkin Spice Latte cut file. I used some pretty Canvas Corp Kraft and White Chevron paper for the base of my cup and traced the cut coffee holder onto the back of a piece of the Canvas Corp White Flute paper. I love that the corrugated look of this paper actually looks like a coffee cup holder!!

I stamped a few coffee beans and added some lovely SpiegelMom Scraps sequins!

This was such a fun card to make, and I love the texture on that Mistable Paper! But now I'm totally craving a cup of coffee!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're having a fabulous week - and if you love coffee and spring - ummm, what's not to love?!! - hop over to the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! There's still a few more days to join in and lots of prizes to be won :)

 You can follow me on social media at these links here:

Also linked to:
FFC #181 - AG
DL Art - Thankful Thursday March Linky Challenge


19 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Karla!! I love the colors and the layers!! Beautiful, my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks FANTASTIC Karla! LOVE the pretty colors and the step by step.. I really like all the textures you've got on this card! Beautiful! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your technique. I love Tattered Angels...lovely! You've really done an amazing job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great background - well done.
    Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
    Angie DT for  http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful textures and technique, simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!!! ❤️ this technique and its embellished beautifully!! Awesome job Karla! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Diva's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing technique!!! Love this vintage look!!! Beautiful details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card, love the colors and the added texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so pretty! Love the mixed media. And thanks for the tip to just dip the paint brush in the mist bottle ... I won several bottles quite some time ago, but have yet to use them. And I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you found the time to join this hop!!! your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card! I love all of the fun texture!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope to see you again in April.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVE the textures, layers and details of this! Great job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors and layout and wonderful elements added.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, great job with the mists!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this fun coffee-themed card! Way to rock the mojo sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, love how you showed how it was made.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete