Monday, September 17, 2018

Canvas Corp Brands - Canvas Challenge!

Good morning! Hope you're all having a fantastic week! I just wanted to give you a peek at a fun challenge on the Creative Studio Blog that the wonderful Crew Members at Canvas Corp Brands were given - to create a project using a piece of Canvas Corp canvas. Now, this was so fun, because there are so many wonderful canvas pieces in the shop!! I chose to work with a Canvas and Burlap Zipper Pouch and you can see here how I added a cross stitch pattern to the burlap side of the bag and then added a stitched banner, Architextures rub-ons, buttons and Tattered Angels mists to the other side!


This little zipper pouch would be perfect as a pencil case, a great place to tuck a gift in, even a makeup bag and I love how you can customize it yourself!


I cut a little rectangle out of canvas and stitched it to a piece of Canvas Corp cording to act as a little zipper pull.


This sweet cactus was so fun to stitch directly on the burlap using a pattern from Cross Stitcher Magazine. I cut a tea cup out of another printed canvas sheet and coloured it with Glimmer Mists to use a little plant pot.


The buttons I chose from my stash add some more texture and interest and match the colours I used. And, in case you're wondering... that background paper is from the Architextures collection!


Here's a look at the VIDEO of all the projects created-


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to Creative Studio Canvas Corp Brands blog where you can see details on so many of these projects and a supply list for my project above - and if you haven't yet checked out that blog you'll definitely want to! There is amazing inspiration all the time!! 


2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love how you've decorated the pouch on both sides!! What a fun project!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out soooo CUTE! LOVE the way you decorated them.... they're adorable!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete