Friday, April 19, 2019

Mixed Media Tag with Embossing Powder Techniques!

Hello! I thought I'd pop back in before the long Easter weekend with a couple pretty tags to show you! Recently, I did a Facebook Live with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies Embossing Powders and Stamps and I thought I'd share that with you here. Sometimes just playing around with supplies gives you new ideas and I really had fun mixing powders and doing a few new techniques. Both tags are just a little different, so be sure to scroll down to see the finished tags together - and you'll find a video link at the bottom of the post.


I had fun with stencils, wood shapes and chipboard!


I love customizing seam binding ribbon by adding coordinating ink colours and spritzing with water. One of the pretty Emerald Creek Flower Crest brads adorn the top of the tag.


Here's a look at both tags - I showed how to create the main pieces on the video and then was able to quickly put everything together after!


This sweet fairy charm is from the Emerald Creek Shop. I added a drop of Ranger Liquid Pearls to the tiny well area she's holding. You could easily add a gem or some powder too! The powders mixed together on the wood shape to create a beautiful marbled background. Just by using parchment paper I was able to prevent the powders from flying all over the place.


A pretty jeweled brad finishes off this second tag.


Here's the Facebook Live video where you can see the demos and techniques I'm sharing to create these tags!



Supplies-


Other:
Southern Ridge Trading Company Fibers Stencil and Dandelion Chipboard
DOX Inks: Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Mermaid Lagoon
Archival Ink- Peeled Paint
Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Ranger Manila Tag, Matte Medium, Emboss It Dauber

Thanks so much for stopping by! We are having a wonderful Spring Fever Sale over on the Emerald Creek Shop until April 30, 2019, so you might want to check that out to get started on your spring crafting 😉 I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend!!

Linked to:
SSS Monday Challenge - Beautiful Blooms


1 comment:

  1. They're both so stunning!! I love the colors and the textures!! Off to watch the video!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete