Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps October Skrappy Challenge!

Good morning krafty friends! It's SEPTEMBER and that means it's time for a brand new SKRAPPY CHALLENGE with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! The theme of course is ANYTHING BUT A CARD! For this challenge you can make anything that strikes your fancy....except a card! So design a new scrapbook page, bookmark, tag, altered item, planner page, art journal, ATC cards...whatever you like! Just make sure to include some Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps products and make sure it's a new creation!  As soon as we have at least five people playing along, we'll be giving away a $10 gift voucher to the krafty shop as the monthly prize! For my project today I made a handmade Thankful journal with a 6x6 sheet of patterned paper from the September SCT Sampler Pack. I used the We R Memory Keepers Book Binding Tool and added in copy paper and started decorating! This cute belly band on the front of the book keeps the book closed when I'm not using it and I had so much fun decorating it!


The sweet stamp on the front of the belly band is from the Pumpkin Kisses Stamp Set, stamped in Fresh Fields Krafty Kolours Ink. I added in stencilling with the Pattern Parade Stencil and Tempting Tangerine Ink. I love looking through my stamps and finding images that go together! I used the Mini Monsters Stamp Set for the tiny pumpkins and the It's Turkey Day Set for the leaves and words stamped on the little tags. The Seashore Dots were the perfect colour to pop on! On the front of the journal itself I added in a little diecut circle stamped with the Happy Thoughts Stamp, and even fussy cut the arrow from the same set. The tiny pink and blue hearts on the cover and belly band are from the Mini Monsters Stamp Set!


I created a little pocket inside the front cover with some paper and washi tape, glued around the edges and bottom - perfect to tuck those sweet tags into! I love the x's on the Pattern Parade Stencil and added more leaves and another stamp from the uplifting Happy Thoughts Stamp.


I added washi and various diecuts from the SCT Sampler along with the fabulous You've Got This stamp from the Happy Thoughts Set again, and this time stencilling the little dots.


I love the Pumpkin Kisses Harvest Wishes sentiment from the Pumpkin Kisses Stamp Set and coloured in the pumpkins with coloured pencils from the Happy Fall Y'all Stamp Set. See how much fun this mixing and matching is?!! This time I stencilled on the dashed lines with Bubbly Blue Ink.


I cut a smaller piece of patterned paper to fit in my book before I stitched it to add another fun element. I used some more washi and ephemera and stamped this sweet paper airplane from the Happy Thoughts Set.


I decorated one more page today and added the Count Your Blessings sentiment from It's Turkey Day. I'm going to love filling in this journal, and I think even though life is hard, remembering all the things we are thankful for make a difference in how we see the world. 💗

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!! You have until Monday, November 2nd to enter and you can submit as many new creations as you like on the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog for more chances to WIN!  Also be sure to share your designs on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps' Krafty Friends Facebook Group because we love to see your stuff!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm definitely thankful for all you sweet peeps!! You can check out some more inspiration from the Krafty Team below and get krafty!!


Linked to:

SSS Wednesday Challenge - AG

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment