Monday, October 19, 2020

Mini Slimline Halloween Cards Collaboration!

 Hello again friends! I'm back today with two cute and not too spooky cards for Halloween. We've decided our family is going to stay home this year, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun!! I'm still making Halloween cards, we're going to have our own party with spooky treats, crafts and games and of course dress up and have candy! I'm super excited to share these cards with you using products my friend, Jennifer Smith from Close To My Heart, sent me to do a collab with her. I'd love for you to check her out - you can find her online at her BlogWebsiteFacebook page and Instagram!! I'm using the awesome supplies from the Got Candy Bundle, which includes a stamp set, paper pack, sticker sheet, coordinating cardstock & sequins!!


I used the clear stamps from the bundle as my focal images, colouring them with Copic Markers and adding white gel pen highlights, some Stickles and Glossy Accents for even more fun!


The patterned paper from the bundle is so cool and worked perfectly to make mini slimline cards using the Photoplay #6 die. I cut the front stitched cardbase and then backed it with more of the papers included. I used some white embossing powder to heat emboss the Trick Or Treat sentiment from the stamp set and then used one of the fantastic pumpkin sequins from the coordinating mix. I absolutely love these 'handdrawn' stars and I know they'll be used a lot throughout the year!


The little haunted house is so cute!! I cut the door so that it would open and used more of those awesome ghost and spider sequins along with some glittery Stickles! I think the candy corn looks good enough to eat!!


For the second card I again created a mini slimline - seriously love this size at 3 1/2 x 6 1/2! The patterned paper is double sided so you have lots of choices for combinations, and I cut the cardbases from the coordinating cardstock from the bundle!


I heat embossed Happy Halloween on this card and stamped some of the solid stars from the set, using Wanderlust WOW Embossing Powder. It looked so cool, I had to use it with these delicious looking gumdrops too!! I stamped with Distress Oxide Ink, which stays wet long enough to emboss! I'm definitely going to be pulling out these stamps for Christmas too - and I may have to stop at the store for gumdrops. 😜


The little bat and pumpkin are adorable and they look like they are having a wonderful time!! These guys are a great size to use on your cards and scrapbook pages!!


Here's a look at all the goodies included in this fabulous Got Candy Bundle - and you can check out this Halloween Layout HERE for more inspiration using this kit!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out Jennifer and all the fun things in the CTMH Shop! I hope you have an amazing week friends!



1 comment:

  1. I'm Here! I'm Here! Well just for a minute anyway! LOL
    HI KARLA!!! I finally got a few minutes to stop by your blog and look at how CUTE those Halloween cards are... ADORABLE!!! Bummer you guys are staying home for Halloween but I totally get why you're doing that... Your Families safety always comes first and I know you'll find some fun stuff to do with your sweet kiddos on Halloween night... :) I'm still trying to get that dang Kitchen completed... We've had lots of challenges with it so it's taking longer than we like, but it'll be nice once it's done... :) I'm hoping to try and fit more crafting time in or even blogging time... we shall see... have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete