Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines - Be Mine & Forgotten Friday Challenge

Well, we are definitely getting closer to Valentines! It is such a pretty 'holiday', but goes by before you know it! I spent the afternoon at my sister's and we made Valentine cards :) Hers are amazing and I'm crossing my fingers that I get one! I'll definitely be showing it off here.

I wanted to do a vintage postcard type of card.  I distressed the edges with ink, of course, and I found some ticket stamps that I bought this summer and hadn't used yet.  The postage stamp Love is a Cuttlebug embossing folder and I used Close To My Heart stamps for the hearts, 'sweet', lace, and Postcard/postage.  The 'Postcard" stamp is actually a Christmas stamp, but I masked the holly and Dec 24th, and am pleased with how it turned out.

This was the one I attached to a card.

On this one I actually made a postcard and this is the front.  On the back I stamped Postcard on top and Happy Valentines on one side with a message to the recipient on the other.
I also used this card to enter the Forgotten Stamp Friday challenge. I had never used this stamp before, but as I mentioned had picked it up over the summer and slightly forgotten about it! Thanks Jesse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment