Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mojo Monday Watercolour Card

I'm gearing up to take the Watercolor For Cardmakers class at Online Card Classes that starts May 5th and wanted to practice with my supplies.  I bought a set of 12 watercolour tubes from Michaels and a few brushes and had some fun today painting away.


 This card was based on the sketch over at Mojo Monday this week.

I embossed the Tim Holtz sentiment with clear embossing powder on watercolour paper and then swiped my paint over top.

I used a plastic slide I had from very long ago.... as my element on the left side and placed a paper flower and button coloured with alcohol ink inside.

I found some tie-dyed ribbon and added it along with some green Stickles across my card.

I am really looking forward to learning lots of watercolouring techniques and can't wait for class to start!

Happy Crafting!

Karla

2 comments:

  1. I love the energy your card gives. I tried that technique and it didn't work for me. Which embossing powder did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used Stampendous clear embossing powder over watercolour paper, and I did have to blot the letters a bit to remove some of the watercolour, but for the most part it resisted quite well.

      Delete