Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hamster Love You!

I wanted to make a card today for a little boy who is a family friend who's been in the hospital. I thought this little hamster would cheer him up :) I coloured this guy with Prismacolour markers and layered him over paper from a 6x6 My Mind's Eye paper pad.  More and more I find myself drawn to the "B" side of the papers, even though I love the designs on the main side - I seem to be able to work with the smaller prints better!

I'm also loving adding a bit of stitching lines to my card - I like the way it just adds that finishing touch. I wish I took the time to pull out my sewing machine, but I'm too impatient, lol! I used a fine tip black marker to 'stitch' along my banner strip. 


I used the sketch from Mojo Monday this week-

 I paper pieced the little heart and popped it up. I love all the options to put in his hands!!


Hamster Cutie Stamp Set from Pretty Cute Stamps

Hope you are all enjoying your week!

Also linked up to 
DL Art -September Thankful Thursday Linky Challenge
Crafting by Designs - ATG
Crafty Hazelnuts September Paterned Paper Challenge - ATG
Susy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge 46
PDE - Stitching Real or Faux
613 Avenue Create -ATG #89
Little Scrap Pieces - Sept 13 Linky Party - ATG
Crafting From The Heart - #36 ATG


5 comments:

  1. This is cute as can be Karla, I just love that hamster great coloring to.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    Your project is featured in our album on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog and good luck!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Design Team Member of Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!! I have been eyeing this stamp for some time!! Thanks for showing me a great way to use it! :-)

    ReplyDelete