Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bimini Moose Feature - Starland Campground - "Blast From The Past"!

I am working on getting my old photos, which I have already printed, into pocket pages - doing a traditional scrapbook layout here and there. For my post over at the Bimini Moose Blog, I'm featuring this two page layout about a campground we stopped at on our long drive back from Saskatchewan to Alberta one summer. One of our family's simple pleasures is being outside together, enjoying the views and each other, especially in the summer! Just looking at these pictures bring back all those good memories :)

I had picked up a bunch of different sizes of pocket pages quite some time ago, and I'm finally putting them to use! This page style has a 6x12 pocket and three 4x6 pockets and I used the front and back of the page protector. I'm finding that with the pocket style layout I really want to 'document' more than I would if I was doing a traditional layout. I found a write up about the campground online and a few pictures, which I printed out on photo paper and added to the 6x12 insert. The paper I used is from the Echo Park Capture Life Collection, as well as the coordinating stickers, which are one of my favourite embellishments to use! I just love how the frame sticker coordinates with my daughter's shirt and still allows you to see the scenery in the background!


I placed a journaling card at the bottom of the backside of the 6x12 insert to tell the story and a few more stickers for embellishment.


I'm really enjoying how easy it is to get a lot of pictures onto a Pocket Page layout! It also inspires me to get those older pictures into a book so my family can enjoy them.

Thanks so much for joining me today! If you are working on some pocket page layouts, be sure to share them in our Anything Goes Challenge at the Bimini Moose Blog!! We'd love to see what you are working on - and you can get some inspiration by checking out what we have been up to!

Linked to:
Lasting Memories - #123 Simple Pleasures Scrapbook Layouts
Tuesday Throwdown - #226 Favourite Embellishment (Stickers!!)
Inspiration Destination - #15 AG
DL Art - Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge

 

12 comments:

  1. Super fun layouts!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this inspiration to push me to bring out my pocket pages. Thank you for sharing.

    Andrea Jones
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages! Camping is so fun. That pink frame on your photo - awesome! What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pocket page! Those photos really make me want for summer! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with your pocket pages and the photos look fantastic liking the framed one really draws you eye to the photo :) Thanks for joining us over at LM
    Tina C. LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love the frame around the faces. So cute! Loved all the journaling too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Lasting Memories challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your layout, thanks for playing at IDCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project, Karla. Looks like y'all had so much fun on that trip. Thanks for sharing with us “Your Favourite Embellishment” over at Tuesday Throwdown. A new challenge starts today and I hope you'll play along. In the meantime, I'll be following you to see what other fun projects you share!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the journaling. thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great memories captured in this pretty layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete