Monday, May 11, 2015

Bimini Moose Scrapbook Challenge - AG with optional twist: Family Favourites!

Happy Tuesday! I'm back today to bring you another Pocket Scrapbooking challenge over at BIMINI MOOSE!

Our challenge this time is...
Pocket Scrapbooking - ANYTHING GOES
with an optional twist Family Favourites!
For the next 2 weeks, we want to see pages all about your FAMILY FAVORITES. You could ask each member of your family a list of questions like: Fav Color, Food, Friend, etc. OR you could pick one Favorite Category and then show pictures of each member of your family showing or doing their favorite. Like, What's your Favorite way to spend Saturday? Husband - Fishing; Wife - Scrapbooking; Son - Playing XBox; Daughter - Sleepovers with friends. These are just examples. We want to see how you interpret this Twist and what kind of page you create! Can't wait to see your FAMILY FAVORITES!

Our challenges run for 2 weeks. This one will close on Mon, May 25 @ Noon Eastern time - giving us time to pick a Top 3 for the post the following day with our Next Challenge.

We will also be choosing one winner per challenge to win a cut file from our amazing sponsor - 
These files are perfect to include in your Pocket Scrapbooking Layouts and in your other crafting as well.

For the challenge this week I've created a traditional scrapbook layout to go along with my Week 11 pages showcasing our family's fav ice cream treats! I just had to get out my Gelatos and 'sprinkle' some Dylusions sprays on my page - so I chose to use my PL pics and supplies on a 12x12 page.


I used the Pretty Cute Stamps set Just Chill to stamp and colour all of these 'sweet' treats! This is one of my favourite sets!! They look so yummy :)

 This pocket page card is from the Picture My Life Collection 'Laughing Lola' from CTMH! Isn't it awesome?! I stamped a sentiment from the PCS Just Chill stamp set along with some drips directly onto the card. In the background I scribbled on Gelatos and wiped them with a baby wipe to smudge them a bit without getting my cardstock too wet. Then I dripped on some Dylusions Inks by taking the spray nozzle out of the bottle and flicking it onto my page in a few different colours. I love this effect!

I coloured the popsicles with Distress and Tombow markers right onto regular white cardstock and then used a bit of white gel pen to add highlights. After everything was done I used some Stickles to add shimmer to the drips.

Here's a peek at the awesome Pretty Cute Stamp set I used - just in time for summer!
Just Chill
And, on to my Week 11 pages! I printed out some of the Project Life cards from the app when I printed my pics and added some text to my photos with the Rhonna Designs app. 

The sentiment on the photo of the octopus balloon is from the Sea Life Sentiments from Pretty Cute Stamps. I also added lots of paper diecuts in little areas around my pages.

I added in a paper mask I had cut on my Cricut for a birthday party prop and used more 'love' stamps from Pretty Cute Stamps on the green banner at the bottom of the page (Little Llama & Be Mine). Since I had lots of birthday pics to include on my page I collaged them in the PL app and printed them into two 4x6 prints. 

Be sure to pop over to Bimini Moose and check out the rest of the DESIGN TEAM and what they have created to inspire you to play along. There will be several posts on the Bimini Moose blog during our challenge, so if you want to see the current challenge, click on the CHALLENGES tab on the blog. If you want to browse through all of the posts with ideas, tutorials, and some personal layouts, click on the HOME tab on that blog

Thanks so much for joining me!! I love seeing and hearing what you are up to!

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday May Link Up
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
Create & Inspire - #21 AG
613 Avenue Create - #123 AG
Crafting From The Heart - #59 AG
Stuck On You Sketches - May Layout Sketch (turned sideways)



6 comments:

  1. Hi fab take on our sketch thank you so much for joining us at STUCK ON U SKETCHES x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love your use of the PML cards -- on your traditional scrap layout and on your pocket page. Adding the stamped sentiment is the finishing touch. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I love all your summer treats.Your family looks like they are having so much fun.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What memorable pages you have made here. I am sure you will always treasure them. Thank you for sharing them with us at create and Inspire Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bright colors and great take of the sketch! So artistic! Eli from SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet treats look fabulous! Thanks for linking us up at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete