Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 5, Card 1

I'm kind of skipping around a bit, but the great thing about Online Card Classes is you can go back and watch the videos and look at the material as long as you want after you finish the class! So I decided to just do whichever cards called to me :)

For this card I cut a tag with the Cricut from the Art Philosophy Cartridge, which I love! I then stamped an image, embossed it, and brushed on a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water, which the embossed image resisted. I layered the tag over two other cuts and then attached them to my background.

I did my background differently than the class - I embossed the wood grain stamp and then rubbed on a red and green Distress Stain along with a Pewter Stain on one card and the Bronze Stain on the other. I then spritzed with water and dried the cardstock and then blended some Distress Inks till I was happy with the look.

I really liked the way the background turned out even though I wasn't sure how the wood grain would look!

No comments:

Post a Comment