Friday, April 12, 2013

Springtime

Well, I'm not sure if spring is ever coming to Calgary- we had snow all weekend! Bleh :-p

So, ironically I used a Penny Black Christmas stamp, which I changed up to look springlike by using spring colours. I first used blue and green Distress Stains on the background with a mist of blue Dylusions Ink spray over top. Then I heat embossed my stamped image and coloured in with Gellyroll Glaze and Soufflé pens. They flow so nicely in an embossed image! Then I added some raindrops with a Zig two-way pen and iridescent foil and some more Soufflé pen highlights. I cut out the flowers and butterflies from an envelope that came in the mail! And added some gel pens and Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I popped up some of the flowers and the butterflies with foam dots and then I mounted it on some patterned paper and a Kraft card.

Here's hoping for spring!

Challenge - Simon Says Stamp - spring showers/flowers
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.ca/2013/04/simon-says-april-showers-andor-spring.html




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Karla, love the image you've used and your inky background looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete