Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fire and Ice Tags

The swap last month with Lefty Productions was to create and swap Fire and Ice tags.  I used the Prima Paper Doll stamps by Julie Nutting, which totally remind me of my Nanny who used to draw paper dolls for us.

Fire
 
Ice

 I used Distress Paints to sponge through a stencil onto the background of a vanilla cardstock tag (above), and then I sponged Distress Inks over the background and the paint acts as a resist (below).  Next I sponged Distress Ink on top through another stencil and then added some stamping with black ink and used Brilliance ink in blue and pink to stamp a scroll stamp on each stamp.  I love this ink, it's so shiny!

 For the dolls, I stamped them with brown waterproof ink onto watercolour paper and then water-coloured the skin and hair with Distress Markers.  I paper pieced the dresses and added glitter to the headbands. After gluing down the dolls to the tags I added some embellishments and a piece of yarn to the top.

 
 
 Hope you all have a chance to get some crafting done this weekend!

Karla

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Bling it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment