Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Initial Swap

Last month the swap group I belong to were challenged to create 4 mixed media cards based on our initials and the initials of our partner.

This is what I created:

My partners initials are MW, so I used M for Mermaid.  I used the Create a Critter cartridge for the fishbowl and water, sand, and plant layers.  I added some sparkly paint and white heat embossed the sentiment.  The mermaid and starfish were stamped and coloured with Distress Markers.

W is for Watercolour.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut out a watercolour background and a matching frame from Core'dinations cardstock.  I stamped on the background after adding watercolours and then added a dolly stamped image from Crafty Secrets, which I paper pieced.

K (my first initial) is for Key. I die cut the scalloped oval with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and then embossed it and highlighted it with Distress Ink.  I used the Gypsy Wandering Cricut cartridge to cut the key and keyhole and added ribbon, paint, Tim Holtz chit chat stickers, a key charm and a watercoloured stamped image from CC Designs.

Y (my last initial) is for Yarn - another crafty thing I love! I cut the ball of yarn using the Kate's ABC's Cricut cartridge and added a Simple Stories paper sentiment, a crocheted flower dyed with yellow paint, twine, a button and a coloured digi stamped image from Pure Innocence.

I had so much fun doing these cards! And, of course I love watercolouring (and am loving the Watercolor for Cardmakers over at Onlinecardclasses.com!!!)

I hope you are all having a lovely week so far! The weather was beautiful here today and we enjoyed it fully :)

Challenges-
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge blog - Die Crazy
Simon Says Monday Challenge blog - Botanical (the watercolour card)
DL Art Thankful Thursday - May Linky Challenge
Just B Creative Crazy - May Linky Challenge

Happy Crafting!

Karla

1 comment:

  1. Such fun card, I love the idea of the mermaid in a fish bowl, inspired! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete