Saturday, July 15, 2023

KKS July Krafty Peeks... Day FOUR! Relaxalotl!

 Today is our final day of Krafty Peeks for the July Release 

 at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!


We are so excited to share a fabulous new set 

by artist Michelle Houghton

 called...

RELAXALOTL!


These adorable axolotl friends fit right in with our underwater theme this month!! And of course we have lots of punny sentiments to go with them!


Check out RELAXALOTL! in so many amazing creations today as you hop around the Krafty Team's blogs!  You'll also see the beautiful new stencils, SASSY SEASHELLS and the UNDERWATER SCENERY Layering Stencil along the way! 

I'm sharing a closeup look at the beautiful stencils we are releasing this month!! I love sitting down to play with stencils and just seeing what kind of backgrounds I come up with! Of course, Kimmie's stencils are always fabulous, and I end up having lots of pretty backgrounds that inspire my projects!

I first started out using the Sassy Seashell Stencil. I had the Simon Hurley Solar Pastes on my desk and decided to mix them with some Krafty Kolour Ink Refills.


The Solar Pastes give a fun shimmer to whatever colour you add them to. First, I used Amazing Amethyst mixed with both colours of the Solar Pastes, adding each mixture to the stencil separately and then blending lightly over the top. 


You get a really cool effect, especially when you turn the finished piece in the light. The Golden Hour paste gives a golden tint and the Beluga has a blue tint!


I did the same thing with Amazing Azure, (our ink of the month - on sale) mixing a scoop of each paste with a drop of the reinker and applying to the stencil.


I used this background for my Day ONE Krafty Peek with the sweet Mermaid Kisses stamp set! You can see the finished card HERE!


Next, I pulled out the Underwater Scenery Layering Stencil! I love all the different combinations that are possible with this set! I decided to combine all the layers, but I love how many different ways the Design Team used this and I plan on using that fun bubbles layer for lots of things by itself!


I used Goblin Green, Lovely Lagoon and Salty Sea for the seaweed and bubbles. There are lots of different combos I can't wait to use though!!


I added the texture and gloss to the bubbles by going over them with Ranger Translucent Texture Paste, which is clear and dries shiny.


After that dried, I used Simon Hurley Lunar Paste to add a shiny layer of fish through the other part of the stencil! I added a sandy bottom with a diecut layer of kraft cardstock. 


You can see the finished card I created for Day TWO using the Underwater Pals stamp set HERE!


Everything will be released after our LIVE Online Release Party TODAY!  All the fun takes place in the Krafty Friends facebook group beginning at 12 noon ET!  See you there!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous backgrounds, Karla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous backgrounds! Thanks for showing us how you created them.

    ReplyDelete