Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas Card Snowman

I am so excited to start Day 1 of the Holiday Card Workshop 2013 at Online Card classes! There are 3 amazing videos and more guest artist inspiration just for the first day!  

The theme today was adding creative insides to your holiday cards. For this snowman card, which is a digi image from Bugaboo Stamps, I spritzed the card front with Heidi Swapp Tinsel Spray and then sponged through a Heidi Swapp stencil with Distress Ink to create a snowfall effect.  I used a rub-on for Merry and die-cut Christmas with the Cursive 101 Cricut Cartridge. I used my Gypsy so that I could arrange the letters a bit rounded and welded them together, and then I added some punched hearts and used a Jellyroll glitter pen for some glittery highlights. 

 
I die-cut the snowflakes with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and covered them with Ranger's Sticky Stuff (which is awesome!) and then fine white glitter and coloured over some of the snowflakes with Tombow Markers.


For the inside I used a die-cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and sponged around the edge with Distress Ink. I used Christmas stamps from Inkadinkadoo and stamped a sentiment, which I embossed with Crystal embossing powder to give it a bit of shimmer, and stamped the holly leaves and border. Of course the last touch was to add some berry Stickles
 
 

Simon Says Monday challenge has an Inky challenge this week! Hop on over there to see all the details :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This card is beautiful! I love the look of putting a snowman against a banner backdrop. Brilliant! And I'm also impressed with your coloring skills. Your cards are always so detail-oriented and I look forward to seeing the insides of them as much as I do the outsides! Thank you for inspiring me and for sharing this card with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete