Saturday, November 30, 2013

Card Gift Set

I saw the November sketch on the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog and thought it would be perfect to create a set of cards that I could give as part of a teacher gift.  I didn't quite finish quick enough to enter it into their challenge, but definitely wanted to share none the same!

I used my 6x6 paper pads - I don't know how I lived without these before! and stamped images that I had in my stash, all watercoloured with Tombow markers, waiting for me to pull them out. The zigzag stamp is one of Dyan Reaveley's and I added some rub-ons on the right corner and a Tim Holtz Chit-Chat sticker on the top left. I left the insides blank so the recipient could write her own message.





I love the look of the rounded corners!
 
 

Since we are into the countdown to Christmas, and this being one gift I can check off my list, I'm entering into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Countdown to the Holidays and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!

4 comments:

  1. Thank You Karla for Playing in Paradise with us. I LOVE LOVE all the cards you have made from just this one sketch. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Great mix of patterns and colours and awesome work with that sketch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute! I think the pear is my favorite! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful set of cards - and what a fantastic idea to gift them! I love the stamped images, beautiful papers and lovely stamped stitching detail. Thanks for sharing them at Playing in Paradise. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete