Thursday, April 14, 2016

PDE Friday Linky Party - Homemade Granola and Crocheted Owl Basket!

Happy Friday friends! I'm sharing this recipe for Homemade Granola over at the PDE Linky Party blog today.  This is something that I made as a gift for my sister, including it in a handmade crocheted owl basket with a few other yummy goodies. You can find the recipe online here!


I recycled a jar that I cleaned well and added a pretty hand dyed ribbon along with a label sticker and a circle of patterned paper to cover the top of the jar. I really believe presentation is everything, and even a small gift can be very special with a little effort!

I added the jar of granola to this cute owl basket along with some chocolate covered popcorn and some Banana Bread Tea from David's Tea - one of my fav tea places!

I followed a pattern that was in a magazine, but I did find a free online pattern that looks very similar here

After my sister took her goodies out of the basket she filled it with some pretty red ornaments. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure to stop over to the PDE blog to see all the fun things the other designers have come up with and enter your own creative project in our Anything Goes Linky Party! 


3 comments:

  1. Perfect! I'll have to give this a try. PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and beautifully packaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!! That basket looks AMAZING! I can't crochet but wow! LOVE it! And cute idea with the granola.. looks Yummy!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete