Saturday, July 30, 2016

Stacy's Flip Book!

I recently did a flip book swap with my friend, Stacy, from Alaska, and picked out these fun Project Life cards from the Bloom collection to create it. Here's a look at what I did. For my cover I used a card that had a blank journalling area where I used a nice sentiment stamp that I found at a garage sale last year. I added my friend's name using letters I cut from Tim Holtz paper and added a seam binding ribbon that I coloured with Distress Stains.

Here's a look at the front and back cover opened up. I found that laying down a thin line of tacky glue where I wanted to add the washi tape helped make sure it was going to stay stuck. 

Inside, with the two middle flaps folded in I added some stamps and papers as well as a smaller 3x4 journaling card flap.

Here's a look at the flap opened up on the right and the left flap opened. I added a little envelope full of goodies and made a little tag for the front.

When the right side opens there is another journaling card attached along the top edge, and I added some handmade tags to a little journaling card pocket.

I added some stamps snd stickers under that little flap. You can see the tags I tucked into that pocket above, here. 

This was such a fun project to do! Have you tried a flip book, and if so what are your tips? If not, grab some 4x6 papers or journaling cards, some washi tape and left over craft supplies and see what you come up with! Hope you have a happy, crafty weekend!

Linked to:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- AG
The Casual Craftlete - The Creative Gallery #191

2 comments:

  1. Karla, your attention to details on each page of this flip book is amazing! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work! Love the tags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that looks amazing! So much details and just so pretty! Stacy is probably just so thrilled with it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete