Monday, March 6, 2017

FCCB #296 - St. Patrick's Day with VIDEO!

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #296-St. Patricks Day
Make a project about St. Patricks Day, such as Shamrocks or Leprechauns

This Weeks Sponsor



Dreaming Tree SVG's

The winner will receive a $20 Gift Certificate!

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!

This week for my project I've used the Spring Gatefold Card from the Dreaming Tree Gatefold Card SVG Bundle and changed it a bit to create a St. Patrick's Day card by adding Cricut cuts from the CTMH Artistry and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridges. There are three beautiful cards that come in this bundle, and I love the videos that come with each project to show you exactly how to put them together. 


I exchanged the flower cut that comes on the front of the card with this hat emblem, and added a little clover to the front with some sparkly Stickles. I cut out the Cheers Cricut cut and removed the border around it and then added it to the top of the card for some St. Patty's Day wishes!

The inside of the card was already a four petaled flower, and I thought that would be perfect as a clover. I added a Cricut clover cut, adding some Distress Ink and Stickles.

I used the fun Lucky stamp set from Pretty Cute Stamps and added a couple sentiments - one to the inside, and one to the back of the card where I'll add a little message. I love that this card comes with a matching envelope! I stamped a little clover from the Lucky set and added some matching striped paper to the flap.

I've also added a VIDEO so you can see how I put this fun card together:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to see all the awesome St. Patty's Day projects our Design Team has come up with - and show our sponsor some love at the Dreaming Tree SVG shop!

 You can follow me on social media at these links here:

Linked to:
DL Art - Thankful Thursday #199 Green
FFC #178- AG
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday






17 comments:

  1. This is a great fold and nice cut from dreaming tree! I was working on some of their stuff this week. I love the colors you used in the different colors of green! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karla I love the fold I just made one like this at the stamp & scrapbook expo
    Thank you for sharing your creative project . Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    FCC Design team member
    FCC
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, Karla! I love the fold and all of the extra touches you added to make this a special project! I hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous card this is!! I love the gate fold!! All of the details are fabulous!! Beautiful card, Karla!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun gate fold card for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this gate fold card, it is perfect! Great job, I think I want to make one now! Blessings, Jamie (FCCB DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-I would never have thought to make that flower a shamrock! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Such a FANTASTIC Gate fold card! LOVE the design! Beautifully done my friend! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations


    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gate fold card Karla! THe pattern papers are perfect and such a fun design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the design of your beautiful St. Patricks Day card. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Such a fun fold and all the shamrock elements are fabulous! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Karla. I love the way it opens up. So creative and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    Linda
    http://lindaisrael.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and love the fun fold! Thank you so much for the inspiration.
    -Miranda
    TheCraftyCritter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card 🙂 Thank you for playing along with us at Jo’s Scrap Shack.
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fold. Perfect papers for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is Stunning & Gorgeous!! Beautifully done!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete