Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wallet Swap

Last month's project with the swap group I belong to was a very cool wallet made from two sheets of 12x12 paper. The theme was to choose a hero.

It was very easy to come up with mine- my Nanny Parry, and since my sister was who I was sending mine to it was perfect! 

This is the cover:

Jillybean soup has some cute paper with buttons on it, and I fussy cut some and used some real buttons. Nanny loved sewing so I had to use the Tim Holtz vintage sewing machine stamp! I stamped in Kraft and used the Picket Fence Distress Marker to highlight some of the image. 

I used this wallet style mini brag book tutorial - http://youtu.be/oWP4Vs_YtAY. I wasn't sure if the Kraft cardstock would hold up to the folding, but it worked great. Once you make one, you will be addicted! These would be perfect gifts and could be given with just the background papers attached so your recipient could embellish it themselves, or you could personalize it for them. 

This is the cover opened up:

I used the Cricut to cut out the font (Cursive 101) and the vintage sewing machine (Heritage). The background paper is from CTMH. 

This is the bottom flap flipped down. You can see there is lots of space for pics!


I used a square cut from the EP Capture Life collection, some buttons diecut with a Spellbinders die, some Jillybean soup papers and a teddy bear cut with the Heritage Cricut cartridge on the bottom flap. 


In the middle, each side opens up, and I cut tags to fit inside a pocket under the cover. 


Inside each of the middle flaps is a spot for two tags. I typed journalling on the back of each tag. The pictures on tags in the very centre can be seen below. 


The bottom flap opens again and I typed some journalling and added things that reminded me of my grandmother. 


These are the tags I put in the very centre, inside the wallet. 


The backside of the wallet and the backside of each of the tags above. 


It ended up being fairly thick so I tied a silk ribbon around it to present it to my sis. 


Of course, she loved it, and I loved making it! 

Challenges-
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
DL Art - July Linky Challenge 
PDE Linky Party - Many Layers

Hope everyone in Canada had a happy Canada Day! And happy wishes for a wonderful 4th of July to my US neighbours!

Happy Crafting!

Karla

1 comment:

  1. Super amazing project! Loved getting to peek. Thanks for dropping this by at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete