Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps August Skrappy Challenge - ATC Tutorial!

Good morning krafty friends!

It's August, and that means it's time for a brand new
SKRAPPY CHALLENGE

with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!


 The theme of course is ANYTHING BUT A CARD!

For this challenge you can make anything that strikes your fancy....except a card!
So design a new scrapbook page, bookmark, tag, altered item, planner page, art journal, ATC cards...whatever you like!

Here's a quick little tutorial on how I created my project for this month's Skrappy Challenge! 

1. I used the Lots Of Love Stencil and sprayed through using Distress and Dylusions Mists. I used Vicki Boutin's Foundations paper, which is a great base when you're doing any mixed media! You can see where I sprayed through the stencil and then flipped it over and layed the stencil face down for both positive and negative effects.


2. Next, after the sprays dried, I added ink sponging with the Magical Mosaic Stencil and Luscious Lemon, Ocean Opulence and Lavish Lilacs Inks in various areas around the page.


3. I splattered black Distress Oxide Spray over the background. You do need to be really sure this is dry before moving onto the next step! I used a heat gun.


4. I stamped sentiments from the Butterfly Dreams Stamp Set after cutting the background into 2.5 x 3.5" rectangles for an ATC size. I used Gorgeous Grape, Festive Fuchsia and Sparkling Sapphire Inks.


5. I added some sparkle with Stickles Glitter Paste and the polka dot pattern in the Pattern Parade Stencil.


6. I stamped the gorgeous butterflies from the Butterfly Dreams Stamp Set with Nuvo Embossing Ink and then with Wicked Black Ink on a stamping platform before heat embossing with WOW Wanderlust powder for a sparkly effect.

7. I fussy cut the butterflies and then glued them to the background in the center of the butterfly, over a circle of gold metallic thread, leaving the wings unattached. 


8. I added gold flat sequins & small butterfly sequins.


9. I finished it off with sentiment strips cut from Tim Holtz stickers and drawn stitched lines using a black pen.



Just make sure to include some Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps products and make sure it's a new creation!  As soon as we have at least five people playing along, we'll be giving away a $10 gift voucher to the krafty shop as the monthly prize!  

You have until Monday, September 5th to enter, and you can submit as many new creations as you like for more chances to WIN!  Also be sure to share your designs on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps' Krafty Friends facebook page because we love to see your stuff!

Check out all the details from the Krafty Team below and be inspired to get skrappy!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment