Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge 6 - Special BDay Challenge & Crafty Cardmakers 44 - A Royal Wedding

Well, the Royal Wedding is very close, and so over at the Crafty Cardmakers site the challenge is to make a card using red, white and blue and/or a wedding theme.  I went with the red, white and blue color scheme and made a birthday theme to coincide with the Birthday Sundaes challenge, which was to NOT make a card, but rather make birthday themed projects such as invitations, cupcake toppers, etc.  It was fun to think outside the box this time and come up with some fun party accessories! 

I used the Just Cards and the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridges to make an invitation, a butterfly cupcake topper, a crown party favor, and a purse placecard.




On the backside of the placecard I cut out Birthday Party and added Stickles and a gem.


I used Inkadinkado stamps to make the invite and a banner stamp (from Michaels for $1.50!) across the top. I added some Glossy Accents to the edges of the ticket stubs after cutting with 'postage' cut scissors.

6 comments:

  1. Really cute stuff!! Yay for thinking outside the box! Thanks so much for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job. I love the party favors and the placecard is so cool. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just great! Love the invite, what a cute banner stamp...love the ticket stubs too.

    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's a great project. Everything is great and I like the invites so much.
    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love those ticket stamps you used, I am going to have to keep my eye open for those! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes this week!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, that banner stamp is fantastic, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers

    ReplyDelete