Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Too Cute To Spook! - Pretty Cute Stamps Layout

For my post today on the Pretty Cute Stamps blog I definitely wanted to feature the super cute Candy Corn Kisses stamp set, which was just released with the September stamp release at the Pretty Cute Stamps store.  This little stamp is so sweet & I can think of so many ways to use her!

I decided to create a layout from last Halloween - my little Erica (the black cat) looks so teeny, and it's only been one year!  I used some CTMH paper and stickers that have been in my stash for a while, and even though it is not Halloween themed, I loved the colours. I think my favourite part of this layout was stamping on plain seam binding ribbon! (close up below) I used a sketch from Pagemaps - so great for inspiration!


The star of the show - little Miss Candy Corn (well, aside from the cute kids!) is coloured with Prismacolor Markers on white cardstock.  I coloured her basket, cut around it and popped the bottom part up after sliding the handle under her hand.  In the top right corner of the photo you can see 3 of the candy corn images, one with an adorable face, which I cut out and popped up as embellishments. 


I love all the different sizes of candy corns in this set, and I easily used them all. (see more as embellishments in the photo below, on the bottom left) I stamped on the seam binding ribbon, above, with Making Memories ink, which is permanent and waterproof.  Then, I smooshed yellow and orange Distress Inks on my craft mat, spritzed water, and coloured my ribbon.  I simply used a stapler to gather the ribbon and add a fringe above and below my photos.


I also stamped on the ribbon with one of the sentiments and used it on my tag, adding a bit of pink to it. I love all the amazing sentiments that come with these stamps. They were perfect to add to my page - see if you can find them all!




Be sure to pop over to the Pretty Cute Stamps store where you can pick up this and other adorable sets, as well as the SVG outlines making it super easy to cut and stamp! I hope you have an awesome week, and come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment