Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dylusions Background Owl Card!

I`m back today for a post for the Scrapendipity blog featuring an owl card using the owl from Small Stamps by Hot Off The Press as well as Dylusions Paints to create a watercolour background and a stamped zig zag with Distress Inks. 

I wet my watercolour paper and put some Dylusions Paints in greens and blues on my craft mat.  Then, I simply added colour and water where I wanted it. I added a few splatter dots with my paintbrush as well as sound shiny round sequins!


This little owl is so cute! I stamped him on a handcut tag with brown Archival Ink and watercoloured him in with Distress and Tombow markers. After, I added Glossy Accents to his eyes and Stickles to his belly and to the little hearts that came with the set. I used a green eyelet for the top of the tag and some blue and white bakers twine and then popped up the tag with foam dots.


Inside, I used the sentiment included with the set and stamped it on a piece of white cardstock after rounding the corners.


Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're all enjoying some beautiful warm weather! Have a happy, crafty week! 

Linked to:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Spots & Dots
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
Crafting From The Heart - AG #67
Jo's Scrap Shack - #95 AG


4 comments:

  1. Very cool background! The owl is cute on that tag too! :) Have a Crafty Day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyes look great, and I love the water colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your creation for our Anything Goes Challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this background! Thanks for sharing with Crafting From the Heart!

    ReplyDelete