Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Crocheted With Love!

I am having an awesome summer, and I really hope you all are too! I'm not getting quite as much craftiness in as I normally would, but I started to bring a crochet project along with me when I take the kids to the park. This way I can work on something that's easily portable and feel like I'm accomplishing something while they play.

Since my project is still ongoing (I'll share it when I'm done!), it did get me in the mood to create a sweet card and tag that I can attach to my gift when it's complete. I am love, love, loving this adorable Pretty Cute Stamps set Knit Happens. Ok, how cute is the name of this set!! 


I used some Cosmo Cricket paper from the Odds and Ends collection I picked up quite a while ago for the background of my card and tag. The balls of yarn were stamped on a background that I created on watercolour paper with Distress Inks and water on a craft sheet using a smooshing technique. I love how the colours blended together! I added some Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles to add glitter to my yarn and popped some of the balls up with foam tape. I absolutely adore this little teensy crochet hook!! I used Glossy Accents on it after tucking it into my basket for a shiny look.


On the tag you can see more glittery fun on my yarn and the cute hearts included in the set. I popped up the yarn label after adding the super sweet face! I just love the little faces that come in this set <3


Here's a look at my tag tied around a crocheted tea cozy that I made a while back. While this isn't the project I'm going to be giving away, it is something you can get the free pattern from on Ravelry to make your own!


Here's a look at all the awesomeness included in this stamp set! Whether you knit, crochet or just like yarn - you know what I'm talking about! - this is an incredible set to have. You can pop over to the Pretty Cute Stamps store to see all the cuteness just waiting to create with!
Knit Happens

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week :) Be sure to pop over to the Pretty Cute Stamps blog to see all the amazing inspiration! P.S. Don't forget about the SALE on until June 22, 2015 - details here - this month's challenge here - and the Design Team Call here!

Linked to:
Scrapping Everyday Miracles - July card sketch challenge



4 comments:

  1. Oh how CUTE!!! What a great idea having the card & tag match.... looks wonderful! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with out card sketch! And, I belong to a fiber group at our library...I have taken up loom knitting but so many of the gals in the group knit and crochet and their work is spectacular! This card and tag is perfect! And I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing them with us at Srapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! Love this :-)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your work Karla--such a cute stamp set too! Thanks for linking up with our SEM challenge!

    ReplyDelete