Monday, January 18, 2016

FCCB #268 - Snow!

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #268-Snow
Make a project featuring snow

This Weeks Sponsor

Pretty Cute Stamps
Make a fall inspired project


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

I decided to combine this awesome Cricut challenge with my post over at the Pretty Cute Stamps blog this week, since that's who is sponsoring! PCS has such an amazing assortment of stamps - they are really worth checking out. One of my favourite things about Lisa's stamps are the fabulous sentiments included with each set!

For my project I used my Explore to cut out almost my entire layout! The banners are from the When I Was A Kid cartridge, Snowflakes are from Teresa Collins December 25, and the squares and rectangles are from the Basic Shapes. I was inspired to create this layout from a Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine layout on Pinterest.  I decided to design the layout in Design Space, and then when I was ready to make it, it was really quick!  If you want to use this layout yourself, here's the link to my file in Design Space .


My background paper is from the Simple Stories Snow Fun paper pack, the woodgrain paper is from Carta Bella and the banners are cut from BoBunny Sleigh Ride paper.

I used the following fonts and changed them to the Write feature and then coloured them in with Prismacolor Markers using an Ombre effect on the 'chilly' and 'cold' words by blending the markers:
Chilly - Library
Weather & Noses - Everyday Fonts A is For Alice
Rosy - Winter Woodland
Cheeks - Sweater Weather
Cold - Paper Lace 1
Winter Fun - Feeling Groovy


I used the adorable snowman from the Snowmies Stamp set by PCS and used the sentiments included in this set on my layout as well as directly on my photos!


The Snowman from the stamp set was stamped on watercolour paper and I used Distress and Tombow Markers to colour him in. I love the way adding a stamp lets you colour coordinate your image to match your photos!

Here's a look at the Snowmies Stamp set:
Snowmies 
Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure to check out what all the other DesignTeam members have come up with on the FCCB blog for this snow challenge, as well as checking out all the amazing inspiration over at the Pretty Cute Stamps blog! There is a new challenge that just started this week there too. 

Linked to-
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Ombre (the letters I coloured in)
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper - Jan Link Up
DL Art - Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge



6 comments:

  1. This is a very cute layout! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page/layout love the beautiful photos and B.paper----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is so wonderful - love the pictures and the wintery theme!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful layout - i love it when stamps and Cricut appear on the same layout. the snowflakes in the background compliment the pictures perfectly.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration! Those stamps are so adorable. I had so much fun playing along in the Snow challenge!

    ~Star
    starspaperpassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, a lovely project.
    Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete