Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birds

Since it is officially spring, I thought I'd do a little spring crafting and decorating! I have had decoupage glue in my craft cupboard for a while now... but I finally found a use for it!  After looking at the latest Canadian Scrapbooker spring issue, I got some ideas about how to decorate a little wooden birdhouse I purchased at Michaels.  I also got a plain wooden frame and dressed it up too. I can almost hear the birds singing :)


 I used a bird-themed scrapbook paper from 7-gypsies and decoupaged it onto the house after cutting each piece out and shading the edges with Distress Ink.  I also used the Ranger foam pad to apply ink to the parts I didn't cover with paper; the base, perch and trim. (I did that prior to gluing my paper on). Then I painted a layer of clear varnish on and let dry.

 I painted the wood frame with brown acrylic paint, then a layer of crackle medium, and a top coat of white acrylic paint.  After drying I decoupaged the birds and word LOVE onto the frame.  The birds are from the Heritage Cricut cartridge.  I used the same 7-gypsies paper to cut a square of paper from to put in the frame.


Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment