Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1, Card 2

I must say I really like this set of cards that Jennifer McGuire made on day 1 of the Pattern Play class at Online Card Classes!  I picked up a 6x6 paper pad yesterday and I'm feeling like this could be a new addiction! It is just so easy to put together papers for cards with a paper pack, and with the 6x6 the patterns are smaller than the larger 12x12 packs - perfect for cards!

For this set of cards I again used my Gypsy and cut out 3 inner hearts (from the George Cricut cartridge) each from four 4 3/4" pieces of patterned paper.  After everything was cut I could then switch the pieces up and end up with four similar, but different cards.  I also used the Heritage cartridge to cut four banners and by using clear stamps I was able to manipulate them into a curve to fit the banner.  I used a 30% cool grey Prismacolor marker to outline the banner and make some shadow lines in the fold area and used foam tape to give it dimension on the card.


                                    
After the pieces were cut I mixed and matched till I got combinations I was happy with.

Card 1
I cut out 3 white hearts, slightly larger than the patterned hearts and layered them one on top of the other.


Card 2
I sponged Distress Inks around the edges of each heart to give them definition and then layered them onto the card.
 
Card 3
 I put white cardstock underneath the hearts and popped them each up on this card.  I think this one's my favorite!
 


Card 4
 I traced around each heart with a Prismacolor marker in 30% cool grey and layered them on the card. I realized I had placed the paper slightly off center when I cut it so I put some flower rickrack on the left side.  Inside I stamped "for you".
 

I think you could use these cards for most any occasion just by stamping the insde with the appropriate sentiment. I'm thinking they will probably be birthday cards. Which one is your favorite?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment