Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1, Card 3 & 4

I'm really liking this pattern class at Online Card Classes! I've been watching the videos and reading the lessons all week and sneaking some time in to create the cards whenever I can. I really like the lifetime access to the class and for $16 there is no way I could get this much instruction from a regular class!

The first card I made today was again from Kristina Werner and showed a basic use of pattern paper by combining a large pattern, a smaller pattern and a solid or tone on tone. I cut the scalloped circles out with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and used a stamp from CTMH and popped them up with foam tape. I cut 1/2" off the right side of the card and added the scalloped border and then tied some bakers twine around the length of the card. I find it helpful to cut a tiny slit in the top and bottom of the card for the twine to catch in so it's not slipping off the card.

 
 
For the second card I made I again used the new 6x6 Hopscotch paper pad I bought. I added an orange polkadot piece across my card with a scalloped edge which wasn't in the class, but after somehow being unable to cut a circle in my bottom layer of paper twice, probably due to having a squirmy toddler on my lap while making this card, I decided to improvise! I used Distress Ink on both circle layers and cut out 'For You' from my Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I used a Prismacolor marker to go over the words, which were cut from patterned paper, to make them stand out better.


 
These were both pretty quick cards to put together and could really be used for any occasion just by changing the paper and sentiment. Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment