Monday, March 18, 2013

Wishing for Summer - Crafty Sunday

Here in Calgary we were teased with a week or so of nice weather and now we are back to snow and mornings of -23 temperatures with the windchill. Bleck!

Amie, my 6 year old, and I decided to have a crafty day yesterday and I was wishing for summer - or at least spring! So I decided to make a summertime frame for Amie's room. I used a dollar wooden frame from Michaels and Mod Podged some yellow Cosmo Cricket paper onto the front. I used Broken China distress ink around the edges and right on the wood sides of the frame. I then layered embellishments, stickers and rub-ons from Pink Paisley in a summer theme inside and on top of the frame. I used some yellow Stickles brushed over the sun and stamped a sentiment from CTMH Treasures stamp set.



I used a banner stamp on Kraft cardstock, which I coloured with Tombow markers and cut out before gluing onto the picture.
 

Glittery sun!


Amie has a friend's birthday coming up and wanted to make him a birthday poster. She chose shiny blue paper and rocket stickers and then added blobs of a white paint pen, which she wiped with a tissue to create a shooting star effect.  She also used gel pens to add details and an Amy Tangerine date stamp as well as stamping with a banner stamp coloured with Tombows!



 
 
It was nice to do a couple quick crafts on a snowy Sunday.  Sometimes it's hard to pick just one thing to do out of all my addictions (oops, hobbies!) - crochet, sewing, cards, scrapbooking, cooking! I think next time Amie wants to sew a tote bag, so that will be fun :)
 
I'm entering this post into a Design Team call at the Our Crafty Girls blog.
 
Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment