Saturday, June 7, 2014

Gorjuss Girls - Mojo Monday

Happy Saturday everyone! It is a beautiful, sunny day here. Our neighbourhood is having a community garage sale today, so of course we had to get out and visit a few! The girls found a couple stuffed toys and an easel and then we headed home for lunch and naptime. (I love naptime :)

I just had to share this cute card made with one of the Gorjuss girl stamps! If you haven't seen them, you totally have to check them out - so sweet!   I used the new 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories - Good Day Sunshine, and used the sketch from Mojo Monday. I actually cut a piece of off the bottom to lengthen the paper to fit my 5x7 card, and added the Hello strip.



I added Distress Inks to white paper flowers and then painted on Perfect Pearls mist to create a watercolour, shimmery look to my flowers before layering them. Lately I've been using Perfect Pearls along with Distress Inks instead of water to activate them and add a shimmery bit of 'Magic'!


I watercoloured this cute girl with Distress Markers after stamping on watercolour paper.


Inside I layered a strip of the Simple Stories paper along the bottom.



I hope you're enjoying your weekend! Be sure to check out all the sites below to see more inspiration and play along.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Magic (see how I coloured my flowers!)
Daisy Cottage Designs - Off The Hook Monday
DL Art - Thankful Thursday June Linky Challenge

Happy Crafting!

Karla

2 comments:

  1. This is just darling. Love all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and colours, love the colourful sentiment too and your dimensional flower. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete